Exactly one year from today, I will be walking down the aisle as Ms. Weldin, and leaving The Village Church as Mrs. Nase.
The reality of everything is starting to set in-that after today, the countdown begins. This is my last year as a "single" woman. This is my last year to have a roommate other than my future husband. This is my last summer to live at home. This is my last Thanksgiving and Christmas with my family.
When my heart starts to flutter as I think about the checklist of things to accomplish within this next year, I am reminded that if Christ is the center, that is all that really matters.
A year from today will be one of the happiest days of my life, but the greater celebration is with our Father when He comes again to bring us Home. I will admit, it is easy for me to say that in my mind, but not with my heart. However, my prayer for this next year is that I would praise Him, thank Him, and be reminded that the joy belongs TO Him, and not for my own glory.
No comments:
Post a Comment