Thursday, March 29, 2012

The Past Few Months

It's been awhile since I've written because this past semester has been really busy with school, but now that it's summer, I can share a few things that we have crossed off the list!

-Purchasing my wedding dress
-Rehearsal/dinner dress
-Leaving the reception dress
-Cake
-Bridesmaid dresses
-Flower girl dresses
-Brandon's wedding ring
-Reception location
-Wedding website
-Invitation template

This Memorial Weekend we will take engagement pictures, enjoy cake testing, and register for wedding gifts at Target and Bed Bath and Beyond! In the midst of all of this, Brandon and I have been reading "The Meaning of Marriage" by Timothy Keller, and God is really showing me what it look like to serve Brandon as his wife. Our broken culture today tells us that relationships should be all about us-that we should be self-seeking, self-glorifying, and that another person shouldn't get in the way of that. However, the counter idea to that within Christianity is that when we choose to put our spouse before ourselves, Christ is glorified. Philippians 1:21 says, "To live is Christ-to die is gain." We must literally die to ourselves if we desire to serve our spouse. The Gospel shows us that this is a reflection of what Christ did for us, and it is such a beautiful picture of what marriage looks like. "We love because He first loved us." ---1 John 4:19

I plan on posting more this summer while I am living and working back in home in Austin! I am looking forward to spending time with friends and family!

No comments:

Post a Comment