Thursday, January 17, 2013

NYC Honeymoon

Our NYC Honeymoon
January 6-10, 2013.



 
Our hotel room at the DoubleTree in Times Square! 


 
Living area.


  
Our bedroom!
 


View of Times Square from our room on the 26th floor! 








1/6/13-We attended the 11:15 service at Redeemer Presbyterian Church, where Timothy Keller is the senior pastor!
 



After church we went to brunch at Pappardella on the Upper West Side. I had this spinach, tomato, and cheese omelette with roasted potatoes and Brandon had a breakfast panini with roasted potatoes. 

 
That afternoon we went to see my first Broadway show! It was called "Nice Work If You Can Get It" with Matthew Broderick (aka Ferris Bueller) and Kelli O'Hara (from Light in the Piazza). It was so funny! 
 

The stage at the Imperial Theatre.


Beautiful chandelier. 

That evening we went to dinner at John's Pizzeria. This was the most delicious margherita pizza in the world! 


Nothing better than NY cheesecake! 
Later that evening, we went to get drinks at the Renaissance Hotel. Look at that view!

There's our hotel! 
Mr. and Mrs. Nase!!!


Telling people it's your honeymoon = free dessert. 


1/7/13-We took a taxi and went to lunch at The Odeon. I had French Onion soup and Brandon had tomato soup, and bucare pasta with beef braised short ribs. Then we went shopping in SoHo! We each bought one fun thing: Brandon bought a new black jacket and I bought new sunglasses

These stairs went down to a jazz club called 54 Below, where we saw Hinton Battle (He played the scarecrow in the stage version of The Wiz) perform! We also had dinner there that evening. 

This little jazz club was so much fun.


I forgot to take a picture of my dinner, which was risotto (Brandon had steak), but here is the dessert! Chocolate tart with mint ice cream!





Walking back to our hotel after the show and dinner at 54 Below. I love this city that never sleeps!




1/8/13-Walking around Times Square. We started at the M&M Store. 

 
The M&M's kept going...


and going...

and going! 


 Hershey's Store!


World's largest Hershey bar.  

World's largest Reese's. This one's for you, Mom!

 
Disney Store! 

 
I thought these were cute.  
 

I also loved this Starbucks off of Times Square.  

The following pictures I took with my new Canon camera!



















Radio City Music Hall.

Panoramic picture from my iPhone of the Rockefeller Center!

After we walked around Times Square, we went to lunch at The Counter-an awesome build-your-own-burger place!

My chicken, feta, and spinach sandwich with caesar dressing on ciabatta bread. TO DIE FOR!


Sweet potato fries. Also to die for!

Brandon loves sparkling water. I liked the bubbles so this is my attempt at an "artsy" picture. 



That evening we went to our next show...Evita! 

Stage at the Marquis Theatre. 


Waiting for the show!


Waiting outside the theatre after the show for Elena Roger...the first Argentinian woman to play Evita! You can hear her sing "Buenos Aires" from the musical here




There she is! 


We went to McDonald's that evening for dinner. A little fried food never hurt anybody! 

1/9/13-Early morning breakfast at Caffe Bene. This place was also in Korea when I went with the A Cappella Choir! 


That afternoon we went to our third Broadway show and my absolute favorite-"Once." This musical is based on a movie, which you can read about here. We had seats on the 9th row! 

Our final show that evening was off-Broadway: Peter and the Star Catcher. It was a hilarious play!


Later that night, around 11 p.m., we went to Birdland and heard Kurt Elling sing a jazz set. Our waitress told him we were on our honeymoon (not to mention Brandon is a huge fan) so we got to meet him! You can hear one of his songs here
 

1/10/13-Heading back to Texas. Goodbye NYC...until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment